Can anyone identify my pleco please?

SurreyDaniel

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hi there

Is anyone out there able to identify my pleco? He currently lives with a common pleco, and bears no real similarity.

I realise the photo is bad, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

*I will try and get some better photos on tonight - I don't think he is a red pleco, as they seem to have more armour than this chap. He is quite smooth*

Attachments

Last edited:

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning and Welcome to Fish Lore SurreyDaniel.

I had a Pleco a long time ago. It was called a Red Pleco that looks similar to yours but I can't say for certain. I may be way off base lol.

I hope you enjoy the site!

Ken

SurreyDaniel

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thank you! I am sure i will.

I will have a look at the site.

The main reason for coming on was to ID this fish, but i am also looking for advice on:

1) Which fish (if any) i can put in with my 2 F8 puffers. Up until 2 days ago they were sharing with a 15 inch Common Pleco, but i have re-homed him to a fish shop for his own welfare. I only took him on as a favour to a friend, who also gave me his 5ft tank. I can now turn their tank brackish also, now that the pleco has gone.

2) Which plants to put in with my puffers. I did not have live plants before, due to the giant pleco.

I am sure i will have fun trying to find the answers on your site.

Thanks again.

SurreyDaniel

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I think i have worked it out. I think he is a rubbernose/rubber lip or bulldog pleco.

Does anyone know if they are rare?

Thanks

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom