Can Anyone Id This Little Guy

HolyCarp

Valued Member
Reaction score
f4225f87f9964c8c57b652b03c98d8a4.jpg
e5480d0eba4b9478d59150b336ae47b4.jpg
4a3f8d1eadfe6da601f13611503132e7.jpg

I've watched it grow from a tiny spec to a little over a cm now in hopes it's a nerite.. but I'm worried it may be a pond snail. (Please don't mind the messy shrimp tank, was doing a cleaning when I took these pics.)

Al913

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It's definitely a bladder snail

Pond snails have a rounder circular shell

BeanFish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I also thought pond/bladder snails are the same. If you look both names on google images they are the same.
And soon the title of the thread will have to change from "can anyone ID this little guy" to "can anyone id this massive horde of little guys"

HolyCarp

Valued Member
Reaction score
Either way this is a snail that's gonna rapid reproduce then?

I've been having a brown algae issue in a separate tank.. I wouldn't mind a swarm of these guys if they eat it.

BeanFish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
They will magically reproduce even if they don't have a source of food... just not so fast... If they have food AKA your brown algae soon you are gonna have a snail problem.
When dealing with algae I believe you have to deal with the problem for the root, fish and other stuff are just Band-Aids.

HolyCarp

Valued Member
Reaction score
They will magically reproduce even if they don't have a source of food... just not so fast... If they have food AKA your brown algae soon you are gonna have a snail problem.
When dealing with algae I believe you have to deal with the problem for the root, fish and other stuff are just Band-Aids.
It's from the hood light I'm dead sure just can't afford a new one at the moment.

Any suggestions to remove said pest snail. I'm not to keen on killing stuff.

BeanFish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
No other way around it, only way of getting rid of them is by killing them, some crush it others throw them away with lettuce traps and stuff like that, at the end of the day either way kills them, but crushing seems nicer. I feed the crushed snails to my corydoras, makes me feel better lol.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom