Can Anyone Id This Fish

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by That_dude, Jun 22, 2018.

1. That_dude

That_dude New Member Member

I was doing a water change in my tank and I noticed that there were a few small fish swimming around the bottom of the tank. I couldn't figure out what they were and I've now been watching them for a few days. They've grown quite a lot since I first noticed them and i still cant figure it out. I attached a picture of them.
    TFVS0FI89Rg8ZI4-Jxmo49alIAB27-imbqWde7C8ChQPCgurG_uVOgZp2-5c-9uPjR_AY2VLB4COCMm8l5c=w358-h635-no.jpg

2. bryangar

bryangar Well Known Member Member

What fish are in your tank?

3. Demeter

Demeter Fishlore VIP Member

Need more info. What species do you have in the tank? They are probably fry from your adult fish.

4. MikeRad89

MikeRad89 Well Known Member Member

5. AquaticJ

AquaticJ Fishlore VIP Member

Heterandia formosa? Maybe, I can’t see them well.

6. chromedome52

chromedome52 Fishlore VIP Member

They are some sort of Killifish fry. Could be baby Mummichogs.

7. OP
    OP
    That_dude

They showed up in my 30 gallon shrimp tank. Before it made it my shrimp tank I did have a lot of killifish that are wild in my area in the tank. I had 6 golden top minnows, 2 banded killifish, 3 mummichogs, 4 blue fin killifish, and 6 Heterandia formosa. I thought at first that maybe they were least killifish but after watching them for awhile they are now double the size of the killifish and didn't look anything like it. They typically stay at the bottom and just lay on the rocks and substrate. Occasionally they will swim around the open area of the tank.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  8. OP
    OP
    That_dude

I have 2 female clown killifish, 5 chili rasbora, 1 scarlet badis, and one male Heterandia formosa.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice