can anyone help

Frank01Mustang

Reaction score
anybody know what kind of fish this guy is???  I know hes a White Tip somthing, docile little fella, great colors too!

^^Rusty came out to say hI to fishlore!!

he wasn't doing to well at the fishstore I saw him in so I took him home for 5 bucks and now hes doin great!

thanks in advance for all the help!

Attachments

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Don't know what this fish is, but it's certainly BEAUTIFUL! And the eel-like fish is so cool too! What is it?

The blue fish looks like some kind of a MalawI Cichlid to me. It looks like an electric blue lab.

How large is the fish? Is your tank's pH high?

OP
F

Frank01Mustang

Reaction score
I know hes not a Lab, he is a White Tip something haha, not sure the rest of his name, hes still small, about 3 or 4 inches or so, Rusty is a medium size Tire Track Eel though haha, hes got quite the personality too!

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
If he's not an electric blue lab, then I don't know. He really looks like it. What kind is your tank? African rift lake tank?

OP
F

Frank01Mustang

Reaction score
right now hes in my 55 gallon with an Angelfish, Tiretrack Spiney Eel, 3 Silverdollars, 2 Syndo Cats, Pictus Cat, Bumbel Bee Cat, Red Terror, and 2 smaller Oscars, he is doing great in there, once I find out more about him I will put him in a tank that is more suitable for him, I was gonna put him in the 25 but I was afraid he would eat my kuhlis, and kill my angel fish, If I can I will leave him in the 55, he seems to like chasing the silver dollars!

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
You do know that you need at least 50 gallons of water per ONE oscar, right ???

Richard

Well Known
Reaction score
It's called 'A Blue Fish That I Wouldn't Mind Getting My Paws On!!'..that's one heck of a purchase for five bucks..I gotta get me one of those!

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Maybe an Auloncara masonI ? Just not sure. Very pretty fish.
Carol

Buzz

Reaction score
wild guesses but...Aulonocara MbengI or maybe powder blue socolofi???!!! try cichlids.com. I don't have any cichlids yet so I have never really used the site, but a lot of the pics there look similar to your little guy

Buzz

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom