Can Anyone Help Me Sex My Red Devil

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
I want to say male, but I'm not 100% certain. The dorsal fins are pointed and it looks like it's starting to develop a kok.

Coptapia

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Looks female, from the breeding tube base and general shape. It’s a well fed fish which explains the head height. But again not 100%.

treadingwater

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
schmalzy_x0 said:
Hey everyone. Just wondering if anyone can help me sex my Red Devil. It is growing very fast. Thanks!
Screenshot_20190717-214738.png
Has your fish always had those two salt grain size spots on its tail or is that an unfortunate placement of particles in the water/on the glass?

Beautiful fish!

OP
schmalzy_x0

schmalzy_x0

Reaction score
treadingwater said:
Has your fish always had those two salt grain size spots on its tail or is that an unfortunate placement of particles in the water/on the glass?

Beautiful fish!
It had a hurt tail fin when I first got it and it just grew back with the two dots on it and it has had them ever since. Its not ich if that's what you are worried about.

Coptapia said:
Looks female, from the breeding tube base and general shape. It’s a well fed fish which explains the head height. But again not 100%.
Thanks!!

Crispii said:
I want to say male, but I'm not 100% certain. The dorsal fins are pointed and it looks like it's starting to develop a kok.
Thank you!

OP
schmalzy_x0

schmalzy_x0

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!! It's hump is getting bigger and it's aggression level is insane haha so I think it's a male. He is in his own tank now.

New Threads