Help Can Anyone Help Identify The Sex Of My Betta?

Lauryquinn

Reaction score
Hi,
I was sold 2 Female Betta by a pet store but I’m convinced the 1 is a Male Plakat after introducing them both to my Male Crowntail it became excessively aggressive. I’ve removed the aggressor to another tank and she/he has created a bubble nest making me think it must be a male. I emailed the pet store with a photo and they avoided the gender question completely, so now I’m asking you guys, can you sex my Betta?

Attachments

CheshireKat

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It looks like it could be a female, but I'm not a betta sexing expert, so I'm not going to address that, but I will say that female bettas can be aggressive as well and do flare. They also can create bubble nests from what I've heard but I've never seen it myself.

Repolie

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
That is a female. Male and female bettas can both be equally aggressive, aggression doesn't determine gender. It is very rare, but some females build bubble nests.

OP
L

Lauryquinn

Reaction score
Thank you for your replies everyone, her sudden change in temperament took me by surprise she was quite relaxed before and the bubble nests she makes are pretty large which had me thinking she could potentially be a short finned male, I guess she just may be ready for breeding?

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom