Can anyone explain this?

Discussion in 'African Cichlids' started by apeyton, Jul 4, 2015.

1. apeytonValued MemberMember

So I got this fish today from a friend. Thought it was a blue alhi (Electric blue) very nice all blue bright and Shiney very blue metallic face about 3 inch definetly a male slight with tip on top fin and bottom fins have a very slight red orangutan appearence. He showed me the picture of the add on the tank when he bought it and to me something g doesn't jive to me. Labeled as this
    (Picture below)
    But a chilumba cichlid is a very nice bright blue peacock
    A pseudotropheous macrophthalmus looks nothing like a chilumba aulonocara. Here is a pic of the fish it self (pic a little dark) he's has white spots on its side just because it was with a very aggressive jewled. So not natural. So just a little confused about the label. Can anyone help??

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. slayer5590

slayer5590Well Known MemberMember

Looks like a peacock to me. The fish on that label is a mbuna.

3. LeoDiaz

LeoDiazFishlore VIPMember

Looks like a common mistake that happens in petstores it was mislabeled.

4. OP
    OP
    a

apeytonValued MemberMember

Yeah that's what I figured. Big als usually knows what they are talking about. But if you look up chilumba aulonocara. He's identical

5. OP
    OP
    a

apeytonValued MemberMember

And he doesn't look anything like the mbuna in the picture . Super bright metallic blue. Just don't want to out him in my mbuna tank over my peacocks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice