Can any one ID this fish Question

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by allibobs, Apr 6, 2010.

1. allibobs

allibobs Well Known Member Member

Right this little guy in TINY and definitely a male as it has a rather large gonopodium for his size lol.

He is about 1cm to 1.5cm long max, I;m guessing he is fully grown as he has been in a tank for a couple of months now and not grown. He is totally colourless kinda like a female endlers (I have a breeding tank of these) but possibly a little more see through than a female endler.

I would add a picture but kind of hard to get a picture of a see through teeny tiny fish. I will have another go at getting a picture after Saturday when he and his tank comes to live with me! The guy in the LFS knows I love the little fishy so seems now he is mine. He arrived at the LFS in a bag of other fish on their delivery and non of us are really sure what the fish is as he is so small. :;f:;fb:;fg:;fr

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Without a pic it's almost impossible to ID a fish. Sorry :)
    Carol

3. OP
    OP
    allibobs

here are some pictures NOT great ones as it's near impossible to get a picture of a see through tiny fish lol

341.jpg

343.jpg

345.jpg

347.jpg

349.jpg

351.jpg

353.jpg

4. MaddieLynn

MaddieLynn Well Known Member Member

It looks to me like an Endler, or an Endler-guppy cross.

5. Butterfly

Looks kind of like Giradinus falcatus  

I've had these and they are really cool. Their common name is Cuban ditch fish :)
    Let us know :)
    Carol

6. OP
    OP
    allibobs

I'm pretty sure it's not an Endler as I have a tank full of Endlers and it looks a total different fish

7. OP
    OP
    allibobs

Thank you!!!! I think you have sussed what it is from my very blurry pictures!

Poor little lonesome fish is living with 4 male guppys for now as I didnt have a clue what he was lol

Thank you so much for your help

8. OP
    OP
    allibobs

Hang on it say's these fish are 4cm this little guy i have is ony just over 1cm

9. Butterfly

Your welcome! The dead giveaway is the gonopodium size and shape. The stay tiny fish probably an inch at the most. Females and males are both pretty colorless but really interesting to watch.
    The one you have is just a baby.
    Carol

10. OP
    OP
    allibobs

I'm now thinking this stowaway may only be a couple of months old so may grow a little lol, at the moment he makes my Endler males look HUGE

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice