Can an airstone replace an atomizer/diffuser for co2?

Discussion in 'Air Pumps' started by Everythingzen, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Everythingzen

Everythingzen Well Known Member Member

I've given up on the atomizer idea. Instead, I figured I'd get a glass diffuser. Searching on eBay, I thought to myself, "self, wouldn't an airstone do exactly the same thing?" and because I don't know such things for certain, my next thought was, "self, ask fishlore!" and what do you know, here I am. But anyway, the airstone would mean I've got the tank - the counter and gage - and then just an airstone at the end of the air line? Is that it?

2. OP
    OP
    Everythingzen

Everythingzen Well Known Member Member

Hmm. I've just found the answer to this is essentially no.

Can anyone explain what the difference is with a reactor, diffuser or atomizer and why is one better than the others? I can't get the atomizer on my fluval hose, so I need to rule this one out. A diffuser is the next option, but will it saturate enough into a 4 foot tank? Next option is a reactor. But how does this diffuse more than a diffuser? Is there a power head on them? Im so confused now!

3. cichlidman

cichlidman Well Known Member Member

i use a glass diffuser under a powerhead works rather well on my 55 gallon and my 75 gallon

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice