Can Amazon Frogbit survive in a pond (Canada?)

Bleu

I have somebody wanting to buy some Frogbit from me, but I don’t have any ponds or know how they work, so I’m unsure.

It’s obviously March here, so Spring soon, but a bit cold-ish but getting warmer right now 8 Celsius, and some rain upcoming.

Would they survive in his pond, or do I tell him know.

Thanks

AggressiveAquatics

what does water temp get to in the winter? If you want something immortal try duckweed lol.

Upvote 0

Bleu

what does water temp get to in the winter? If you want something immortal try duckweed lol.

I'm actually not too sure!

Upvote 0

MasterPython

In most of Canada you need a pretty big pond to not have it freeze solid.

Upvote 0

RayClem

I live in the Chicago area. We have a number of drainage ponds in the area that are pretty deep. We had a long stretch of temperatures well below freezing this winter. The ponds froze over for several weeks on end. Once they thawed out, there were a lot of dead fish, presumably suffocated from lack of oxygen Thus, unless the Canadian pond has a heater to prevent the surface from freezing solid, I doubt frogbit will survive.

Upvote 0

Flyfisha

My climate is probably warmer that any part of Canada? Frogbit doesn’t survive winter outdoors with minus 7 Celsius / 19 .4 F.

Upvote 0

Bleu

Thank you guys!

I ended up not selling it to him, because he just gave me a thumbs up, but didn't get a respond about wanting to buy after, plus I heard it might be illegal to sell Frogbit for ponds, but I don't know.

Upvote 0

Jack B Nimble

Don't put duckweed in a pond ever you'll destroy it.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Sofiafish17
Replies
Views
awilkinson871
Replies
Views
Vyllkatt