Can Albino And Panda Corys School With Each Other??

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by Bigbadwolff, Apr 12, 2017.

1. B

Bigbadwolff New Member Member

since both are schooling type, if I were to get 3 of each can they school together??

2. KinsKicks

KinsKicks Fishlore VIP Member

Hello!

They won't necessarily "school" together. It'll be more like they'll play together and enjoy each other's company than actually school together. Oddly enough, they can tell the color differences, and/or whatever minuscule differences (maybe chemical?) that differentiate the varieties and won't necessarily group up with them. In really large tanks where two separate varieties are housed together (ex: 6 pandas and 6 bronze) they'll tend to hover near their own groups rather than group-intermingle with the others. But, the group size should be enough for them to maybe feel like theyre in a school, but necessarily form one. :p

Hope this helps and best of luck!

3. SallImSayin

SallImSayin Valued Member Member

Mine play together, eat together... I have 11 (Peppered, Albino, and Green/Emerald) but they don't, 'school', per se. Two or 3 will flit around together but that's it, no elaborate schooling formation.

4. OP
    OP
    B

Bigbadwolff New Member Member

Yes it does help lol

Yeah couldn't come up with a word other than schooling at the time but just wanted to know if they would interact with each other or would they be lonely since I would only be getting 3 of each

5. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

I would indeed get 6 of the same species (or albinos and bronze whichbare the same species). Social behaviour will be best in that way and they will feel more at ease.

Both are great btw
    [​IMG][​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice