Can A School Of Cardinals And A Pair Of Cockatoos Be Quarantined Together In A 65l For 28 Days?

Which would you do?

• Put the cockatoos and cardinals in the 65L QT together without the divider

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Put the cockatoos and cardinals in the 65L QT *with* the divider

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Quaratine both separately - cockatoos in 65L for 28 days, then tetras in 65L QT for 28 days

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Jenoli42

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hi team,

Some of you know about our saga with our 21L QT that may have been cursed. In order to avoid using that tank for anything except sick fish from here forward (as in nearly 2 weeks it hasn't -yet- killed the sole rummy who is recovering nicely), we're thinking about whether we can QT the last stock for our 165L "OG" tank together.

The 65L QT has a home made divider, but i'm thinking that may stress out the cardinals to have less space to swim during their QT period? Do you think the cichlids will chase and stress out the cardinals if they're all in the QT together?

they are destined for the same 165L tank eventually, but obviously this is a much smaller space.

Alternatively, we could risk using the 21L QT for the cockatoo pair, but that seems cruel... so it's not even in the options for my poll.

Last option is to wait. do the 28 day 65L QT for the cockatoo pair and then do another 28 day separate QT period in the 65L for the cardinals.

Jenoli42

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Ok team,

I have acclimated and added the cockatoo pair and 8 cardinal tetra to our 65L QT with the divider in place. I moved the divider so that the cardinals have slightly less than half but it's easily moveable.

So far, so good.

Here's some photos of the cockatoo pair as they were acclimating in their bag... they're a bit pale from the stress but they'll colour up.

20180510_164559.jpg
20180510_164634.jpg

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom