Question Can a multi out put air pump be all fed to one airstone?

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Its a good price for what it is but way overkill for what your looking at since no they can't be hooked together. Its a diaphragm type pump so while one is pumping the other is sucking. The air would just go back and forthe between chambers.

Sanderguy777

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
GoldTheLegend said:
Also is this a good pump for that price range or is there something better?
Yes, you can feed one stone with multiple outlets. The problem is whether the pump will create too much back pressure and hurt itself in the long run.

As for the quality of that pump, I doubt it that great, but honestly nothing I've seen under $50 is going to last more than 3 or 4 years. Hygor makes one for about $25 usd that is REALLY quiet.

Sanderguy777

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
david1978 said:
Its a good price for what it is but way overkill for what your looking at since no they can't be hooked together. Its a diaphragm type pump so while one is pumping the other is sucking. The air would just go back and forthe between chambers.
Wait, what? Is that how they work? If so, how do they pump air into the tank?
Cant you hook air lines to each output, and then connect them to the air stone?

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I pulled the top off mine and yes they have check valves so they can be hooked together. But I agree it might cause too much back pressure. I have a tetratec ap200 that's pretty old. You can still get the diaphragm for them but not the pump itself.

Islandvic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
On two of our Fluval Q1 air pumps with dual outlets, a "T" fitting combines the 2 into 1 and powers a single airstone in a sponge filter.

With a 4- outlet air pump, consider combining into 2 and run dual sponge filters.

I can't comment on CDN pricing. Everything up there seems overpriced.

New Threads