Can A Fish Recover From Swim Bladder Issues Within A Couple Hours? Question

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by MisguidedSanity, Jun 15, 2018.

1. MisguidedSanity

MisguidedSanity New Member Member

I performed a major clean and WC last night since I'll be leaving for a week and I don't want our pet sitter having to worry about anything other than giving the already sorted and labeled food, and making sure the filters/heaters are working. After I was done, one of my Cardinal Tetras seemed to have swim bladder issues because he was floating belly-up when he wasn't actively swimming and floated back up to the top when he stopped. I isolated him in a hospital tank in case he didn't make it till morning. I slowly raised the temp to 80F, added an airstone and then just watched him closely. Within 2 hours of the WC he started to act normal again and didn't seem to have any troubles controlling himself, so I put him back in the main tank. When I checked this morning he had already joined the rest of his school. So was it really swim bladder issues, or maybe he was experiencing some shock from the WC? Everyone else was acting normal.

2. maggie thecat

maggie thecat Well Known Member Member

Impossible to say what it may have been. But at least whatever happened had a sucessful resolution.

Have a great trip!

3. OP
    OP
    MisguidedSanity

MisguidedSanity New Member Member

Thanks for the response and I will have a great trip! And yeah, I’m also glad that whatever it is resolved quickly and with him alive :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice