can a female betta be with platies?

ANGEL_Z

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
i am currently cycling my 10g tank with no fish and i want to get 3 red wag platies. one male and 2 female. soon they will make lots of babies and i will seperate them with a divider which i already have.now my question is.would a female betta that i already own be able to live in a 10g tank filtered and heated and with air pump with 3 red wag platies possibly more in the future?

pinksprklmonkey

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I don't think that's a good idea. Bettas do best on their own. As for the babies, I would get a breeder net instead of dividing them. It just hangs in the tank but the adults can't get to them. I have one for my mollys.

How many of the babies to intend to keep? You don't have much room in the 10 gallon, and you are almost fully stocked with just 3 platys. If you really want to keep babies you should get a bigger tank, otherwise you will have water quality issues and the fish's health will be compromised.

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
every betta is different and NO one can suggest either way...what works for some, doesnt always work for others....if you decide to try her in a tank with others, please have a back up tank in case it doesnt work..in general, bettas enjoy the company of humans more than other fish

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom