Question can a clown fish thrive in a 10 gallon?

lil0618

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
neverf mind its going to be a reptile enclosure for a leopard gecko

lil0618

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
its just 10 gallons can not hold as much as i would like it to

funkman262

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I'm hoping this thread stays alive a little longer as I'm in the same boat. From the research I've done, a shrimp goby with a pistol shrimp makes a great match. They have a symbiotic relationship that seems very interesting to watch. You can find videos on youtube showing this. Pretty much the shrimp is nearly blind so the goby watches out for predators and keeps the shrimp safe while the shrimp digs out a burrow and keeps it clean. The only problem I know of is that most gobies are known to be jumpers. Is that true? I would really love to own a pair like this but my tank isn't covered. What do you guys think?

locoyo386

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm hoping this thread stays alive a little longer as I'm in the same boat. From the research I've done, a shrimp goby with a pistol shrimp makes a great match. They have a symbiotic relationship that seems very interesting to watch. You can find videos on youtube showing this. Pretty much the shrimp is nearly blind so the goby watches out for predators and keeps the shrimp safe while the shrimp digs out a burrow and keeps it clean. The only problem I know of is that most gobies are known to be jumpers. Is that true? I would really love to own a pair like this but my tank isn't covered. What do you guys think?
The only concern is that is the goby jumps or not. Personally I am not sure i they jump or not.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom