Can a BN pleco go in a 15 gallon temporarily

ForBettaorForWorse

I'm planning on getting a 29 gallon in the fall, and one of the fish I'm really excited to get is a BN pleco. But, I was wondering if I could get one and put it in my 15 gallon until the 29 exists? Or should I be patient lol.

SouthAmericanCichlids

I'm planning on getting a 29 gallon in the fall, and one of the fish I'm really excited to get is a BN pleco. But, I was wondering if I could get one and put it in my 15 gallon until the 29 exists? Or should I be patient lol.
Yes, they can live for that long in a 15g, but I'd be patient, what if something comes up and you don't have the money to get it or your parent/spouse change their mind and says you can't, etc. etc.

ForBettaorForWorse

Yes, they can live for that long in a 15g, but I'd be patient, what if something comes up and you don't have the money to get it or your parent/spouse change their mind and says you can't, etc. etc.
Lol, I see your point... Though currently I have enough money for whatever would come up, (The perk of being a child)
Though my mom was not super happy when I told her I wanted a sucker fish lol. Though she doesn't like it when I buy any fish honestly.

BigManAquatics

I tend to grow them out in something bigger like a 45, then split up into 20s when they can be sexed. Seems to work well for me.

SouthAmericanCichlids

Lol, I see your point... Though currently I have enough money for whatever would come up, (The perk of being a child)
Though my mom was not super happy when I told her I wanted a sucker fish lol. Though she doesn't like it when I buy any fish honestly.
I would just wait personally, and I'm in the same boat as you being a child with parents who don't really like fish all too much.

But I do also get the feeling of impatience.

ForBettaorForWorse

Lol, I am very impatient:)

I guess I'll see what happens. I probably won't see an option to buy a BN anyways for a long time.

BigManAquatics

Lol, I am very impatient:)

I guess I'll see what happens. I probably won't see an option to buy a BN anyways for a long time.
If petco is your source, probably right. I don't see them there often. My LFSs usually have tons though, albino and reg. brown ones. From local breeders.

ForBettaorForWorse

Yep, Petco is the only place I can go for fish around here.
I've never been to an LFS....

BigManAquatics

Yep, Petco is the only place I can go for fish around here.
I've never been to an LFS....
You guys just don't have any or you haven't looked them up?

Will say i am surprised by some of the plecos i do see in Petco from time to time, though. BN plecos just don't seem to pop up often there

ForBettaorForWorse

We're pretty small-town TN down here. We're about an hour away from Nashville though, but I've never been able to check out any LFS around there.

ForBettaorForWorse

So, I was not able to resist the allure of a BN pleco that wouldn't have to be shipped to me… So I bought one on Friday lol. It looks like your standard BN, but he is sooo little and adorable:)
He's in a 2.5 gallon for a little while, I will be moving him into the 15 once I feel like I will not lose him in there lol.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
dojafish
Replies
Views
jroe263
Replies
Views
schmalzy_x0
Replies
Views