Can A 75g Tank Fit In A Car?

saiti

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I want to purchase a 75g tank after hearing its on sale for $100 at petco. Will it be able to fit in a '18 camry? I dont have a truck.

pagoda

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If its a saloon car....either measure the distance tween the backrest of the back seat to the back of the front seats as far forward as possible to drive and the seat cushion to the roof and the distance from back door to back door.

Or you can measure the space in the car with the front passenger seat fully reclined and check seat to roof clearance

Or if an estate car check the clearance from floor to roof and fold your back seats down to make a full estate load space...checking the height and width of the tailgate to ensure the aquarium gets through the tailgate

Skavatar

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
i don't have a camry, but the interior passenger space is similar(possibly bigger) to my Sportage, which i measured and should fit.

Aqueon 75g dimensions: 48 1/2 x 18 1/2 x 21 1/8

2018 Camry specs
2018 Toyota Camry Features & Specs | Edmunds
Rear head room 38.0 in.
Rear hip Room 54.7 in.
Rear leg room 38.0 in.
Rear shoulder room 55.7 in.

TucanSam

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I would probably try to rent a Truck at Home Depot personally. We have a Kia Sportage and a 75 + stand took up the entire back of that car with the seats down.

TucanSam

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
kallililly1973 said:
For that price ide bring a comforter and ratchet strap it to the roof ;)
I mean, certainly where there is a will there's a way haha. We had extreme plans for the 125 before a friend offered his pickup.

Joker77

Valued Member
Reaction score
I don't think it will fit especially if you getting a stand with it. I used to work in an electronics store way back in the day and I would absolutely hate when someone would buy a "big" 32" crt tv and expect it to fit in the back of their little car. Then make you take it out of the box and it still wouldnt fit. Then have to pack it all back up and haul it back into the store.

DONT BE THAT PERSON!. Go rent a truck for a day.

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Joker77 said:
I don't think it will fit especially if you getting a stand with it. I used to work in an electronics store way back in the day and I would absolutely hate when someone would buy a "big" 32" crt tv and expect it to fit in the back of their little shitbox. Then make you take it out of the box and it still wouldnt fit. Then have to pack it all back up and haul it back into the store.

DONT BE THAT PERSON!. Go rent a truck for a day.
At least the crt tv was light ;)

Basil

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I had to make 2 trips for my first 75 and stand in my Crosstrek.
For the second one, yeah, we hauled it in the dually lol!

Islandvic

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
The limiting factor is the angle of the rear door opening.

It may physically fit it back seat, but if the door doesnt open wide enough, then it's a no-go.

How are you going to build the stand ? Or are you getting a pre-made one?

Magicpenny75

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It's not gonna fit in a Camry. I just carried a 30 long home in the back seat of an 18 civic and it was a struggle to get it in. Camry is a little bigger but unless the door opens 90 degrees, you're not going to get it through (like IslandVic said).

saiti

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Islandvic said:
The limiting factor is the angle of the rear door opening.

It may physically fit it back seat, but if the door doesnt open wide enough, then it's a no-go.

How are you going to build the stand ? Or are you getting a pre-made one?
I plan to buy a iron stand

Vinh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
saiti said:
I want to purchase a 75g tank after hearing its on sale for $100 at petco. Will it be able to fit in a '18 camry? I dont have a truck.
I think you can find a friend with suv or truck.If not then go do the test drive for a truck at any dealer and just your drive license copy left to them.I believed" they " let you test a truck with out sitting with you...( dont brush your teeth,and dont take shower for few day before test drive....)

saiti

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
update: I went to petco, saw the tank and ultimately decided to just get a friend with a truck to help me. Now im going to see if i can find a cheap used stand on offerup, letgo, or craiglists.

Morpheus1967

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I got a 125 home in the back of a Hyundai Tucson. Suffice it to say, all seats down, front seat all the way forward, back hatch left open. And I still had to ride in the back with it.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom