Can A 15-gallon Tank House A Synodontis Species?

Benjamin Waner

I am thinking of getting an upside-down catfish but I don't know if I need more than one or a larger tank. Any help is appreciated!

Al913

Fishlore VIP
WELCOME to Fishlore!!!

Nope a synodontis won't works since they get too big plus they need a minimum group of 6. I suggest if you want a catfish get dwarf cories. What are the dimensinos?

Danjamesdixon

Well Known
espresso_dreams said:
Minimum group of 6?? Uh oh...
Yeah. Imagine a very large, very loud Cory! On their own, they'll be the same as a Cory on it's own too - timid, potentially quite stressed, and so on.

espresso_dreams

Danjamesdixon said:
Yeah. Imagine a very large, very loud Cory! On their own, they'll be the same as a Cory on it's own too - timid, potentially quite stressed, and so on.
Not to derail, but I have one (to the best of my knowledge) and he's only 4" and about 5 years old, and in with an oddly aggressive silver dollar.

Danjamesdixon

Well Known
Silver Dollars are also schooling fish - coupled with their general hugeness they make for one of the more difficult species to keep domestically.

I suggest you create a thread for yourself so we can discuss!

espresso_dreams

Danjamesdixon said:
Silver Dollars are also schooling fish - coupled with their general hugeness they make for one of the more difficult species to keep domestically.

I suggest you create a thread for yourself so we can discuss!
I have one. Sorry.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom