Can’t Tell If My Guppies Are Sick Or Not

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by mjolnir4321, Aug 24, 2019.

1. mjolnir4321

mjolnir4321New MemberMember

Ratings:
    +4
    Hey all, I need some advice. I have a 20g community tank with 11 guppies and some fry (0 ammonia, 7.2 pH). A couple days ago I noticed two of my orange guppies looked a little paler than usual, and one of them looks more skinny/frail than he used to.

However, they were acting completely normal in the community tank (swimming/eating normally). Yesterday I moved them to a hospital tank and began treating with Tetra Lifeguard. They both still acting normal (one of them intermittently sits on the bottom of the tank, but I figured this might be just due to the tank move?). I’ve attached some images. Please help! I’m not really sure if they’re sick or not!

Attached Files:

2. kallililly1973

kallililly1973Fishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +3,068
    Experience:
    2 years
    Without knowing if there is an actual issue i wouldn't have moved them and medicated like as u said they are most likely more stressed out from the move thsn anything. It's also always good to give all the water parameters. Ammonia, Nitrites, Nitrates and Ph

3. OP
    OP
    mjolnir4321

Ratings:
    +4
    Well there is an actual issue... before I moved them they were both pale and the one looked very skinny and not healthy. Also lifeguard is a general treatment, no antibiotics or anything. Many people have told me that moving them to a new tank away from the community at the first sign of something being wrong is the correct way to proceed. I don’t want to put my other guppies at risk!

4. kallililly1973

kallililly1973Fishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +3,068
    Experience:
    2 years
    I don't disagree with what you did. is the tank you moved them to cycled?

5. OP
    OP
    mjolnir4321

Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah it is, I previously had a virgin female in there but I moved her to put these guys in there. It doesn’t look like columnaris/ick/fungus, as there isn’t any white growths on them, and their feces aren’t white and stringy like in parasites. Honestly the closest thing I could find online is TB, as the one is sort of starting to look emaciated

6. Faytaya

FaytayaValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +165
    Experience:
    Just started
  7. OP
    OP
    mjolnir4321

Ratings:
    +4