Can’t get fluval filter going

nadsx84

Reaction score
So I got a second hand tank. Finally got all set up (pics to come) and now there is an air bubble in my filter tube. I cannot for the life of me figure out to get water into it..... any tips??? The water is approx. 1-1.5 inches from top of tube.

Attachments

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You fill the media box with water. Plug it in and as it starts sucking some times turning it to low flow helps get the water going.

MoshJosh

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yeah, fill the hang on the back part with water also you can move the inlet tube slightly and manually move the impeller. I had a aqua clear that every once in a while wouldn’t start back up when I turned it off, I would take a chopstick or other small device and turn the impeller a little bit and it would kick back on, just be careful nothing gets chopped up by the little impeller

Sanderguy777

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If the impeller is turning, pour water into the HOB part while the impeller is trying to move the water. The other thing would be to move the flow part back and forth. (No idea why that works, but mine never did work well and that always made it work.

nadsx84

Reaction score
Thanks all! Turns out I needed more water in the tank as well to get that extra little bit up there. Lots of jiggling later and tada!

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads