Camera Trouble Question

1. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Are lithium and alkaline batteries the same? I can't get my daughter's camera to work even after changing the batteries. It says "lithium" batteries, but all we have are "alkaline" batteries.

2. Nutter

Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

Cameras usually recognise the difference. If it's standard digital point & shoot you should be able to change the settings for the battery type somewhere in the menu.

3. OP
    OP
    bolivianbaby

It won't even turn on to change the settings.

Mercy, this is going to be a pain for me. I have fishy pictures I'd love to take and share, but I guess I'm going to have to get the lithium batteries first.

AAAAHHHH:;fru

Psstt...wait until you all see what we've been up to. ;D

4. g

gunner13 Well Known Member Member

Alkaline batteries are not powerfull enough for digital cameras i don't think.
    I'm intrigued, what have you been upto BB? ? ?

5. OP
    OP
    bolivianbaby

Well that explains a lot of my trouble, then.

I have some new babies and found room to squeeze in a few more tanks. I posted about the new babies, but I'd really love to share the pictures with everyone.

The new tanks will be filled when certain parts of the US no longer need an ARK.;D

6. Nutter

I regularly use alkaline batteries in my digital cameras. The reason it won't switch on is because it is still set for the lithium batteries. You need lithium batteries in it to change the settings to alkaline. It's a pain in the rear. With some cameras you can substitute ni-cad batteries for lithium rather than change settings for alkaline. That may or may not work for you depending on exactly what camera you are using. If you have some rechargable ni-cad batteries the right size, give them a try. It won't do any harm but it might just get you taking pics again.

7. OP
    OP
    bolivianbaby

I'll try that! We have some re-chargeables around the house somewhere. Thank you so much:;hug2 I don't remember what type of camera it is, but I'll find out when I get home from work this evening.

8. Nutter

Just make sure your rechargeables are not ni-mh batteries. They don't work & I think I've read somewhere that they may be bad for the camera. That could be the kids remote control cars they are bad for though. I've been messing with lots of stuff with batteries lately. :) No promises that it will work but it's worth a try. It works in my Nikon when the lithium dies & I still want pics. Hopefully yours will be the same. :)

9. navyscuba

navyscuba Well Known Member Member

Still waiting for those pics from those fishies Harp sent ya. You know is not good to keep secrets when it comes to fishies. :nono:

10. OP
    OP
    bolivianbaby

Re-chargeables are charging. Hopefully it'll work and I can get some pics tomorrow evening after work:) Wish me luck, everyone!

11. OP
    OP
    bolivianbaby

UPDATE: Still not working!

My mother came by to pick up my daughter for a little bit. She's taking the camera to my father to look at. Hopefully, he can figure out what's going on and get it back to me tomorrow when I get home from work.