Came Home To Fish On My Porch, Didn't Order Them, No Return Address Help

Discussion in 'Ram Cichlid' started by nikm128, Mar 12, 2019.

1. nikm128Fishlore VIPMember

So yeah, I have no clue what I should do. I came home to find a box labeled for live fish at my door, I have no way of contacting the intended recipient or the original sender.
    I opened the box to find two blue rams in it, looks like a pair. I panicked and started a qt tank with cycled media to put them in, so that's where I am now, I'll post pics in a bit.
    What on earth should I do!?

2. Nikki2577Well Known MemberMember

Can you google the address? Like was the address not yours and delivered wrong? There was no return address on the box? Was there a confirmation number on the box?

3. nikm128Fishlore VIPMember

That's the problem, my address was on the the box. I haven't ordered any fish, or given out my address online.
    I don't mind caring for them, but I feel terrible if someone lost money because of it. The sender must know they arrived today and now the person that was supposed to get them is gonna struggle to get them re-shipped. I'm calling the post office to see if they can do anything

4. Nikki2577Well Known MemberMember

They can’t do anything. The tracking number won’t tell them where it’s supposed to be delivered, only when it was delivered.

5. nikm128Fishlore VIPMember

Well, I guess, free rams for me then.
    @AquaticJ @coralbandit how do they look?
    image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
    I'm thinking pic 1 is a male and 2 is female. 3 is just for size comparison

6. CandyCane701Well Known MemberMember

Are you sure they weren't a gift from someone maybe?

7. Carolyn JohnsonValued MemberMember

Gotta love snail mail.

8. nikm128Fishlore VIPMember

I don't know anyone else that keeps fish in person. And like I said above, I haven given out my address. I originally thought @AquaticJ was messing with me, but I don't think he has my address either

9. Nikki2577Well Known MemberMember

I hope it’s a gift and someone out there isn’t having an anxiety attack. If you think about it if they weren’t for you those rams are really lucky they ended up on your doorstep!

10. nikm128Fishlore VIPMember

Thanks, I guess a different way of looking at it would be how they could've been out in a blizzard tomorrow if they didn't end up with me today

11. Nikki2577Well Known MemberMember

Yea that’s what I’m saying. So happy they are safe

12. MusicalFishiesValued MemberMember

Congrats!! Maybe the sender will see this thread and get in touch with you! That's a great surprise!!

13. BotWell Known MemberMember

Ya right!! lol What are the odds

14. nikm128Fishlore VIPMember

I suppose anything anything is possible, the surprise package definitely supports that.
    Hopefully they'll find me before I get attached to them lol

15. toosieFishlore VIPMember

They're from the Fish Fairy! :;bananagirl:;bananaguitar:;bananahey

16. scarfaceFishlore VIPMember

Hey nikm, why do you have my fish? :emoji_crying_cat_face:

17. SwlwsWell Known MemberMember

I think that was my delivery, I'm in South Africa if you can re-post asap!

*(for anyone that does't understand, this is a joke :p)

18. nikm128Fishlore VIPMember

Probably because the seller sent them to the wrong state.
    Though that brings up a good point. I can't really post to ask who they belong to since literally anyone could claim them

19. toosieFishlore VIPMember

You really wanted rams anyhow, didn't you? They'll make a nice addition to your Discus tank. It's planted, right? After a lengthy quarantine of course.

20. scarfaceFishlore VIPMember

I wouldn't worry about it at this point. Let the buyer and seller deal with it among themselves.