Came back to a fish nightmare

sofiav

I went on vacation for 6 days. Originally I was planning to leave the fish alone, no food.
Yesterday my mom told me that the cleaner had stopped by our house, so I gave the cleaner instructions on how to feed the fish.
Came back home and my betta's tank was full of pellets. Like so so many pellets it was crazy.
I did a 90% water change and vacuumed the gravel. In my other tank, the only remaining fish were 2 glolight tetras.
Should I move them to the betta tank? There's a couple decomposing fish that I haven't yet taken out (only been home for an hour) and I'm wondering if it will be easier to move them to the betta tank. Also is there anything else that I should do for the betta?

Fisch

So your fish died during your absence, that is so sad.
For the Betta tank, just watch the parameter, may do another preventative waterchange and hope he won't bloat.
I am sure it was pretty stressful, so you could try to add the remaining fish. I would be worried that this would just add to the stress for Betta and glo-fish.
If you want to get them out of the poisonous environment, you could move them into a makeshift qt until the big tank is clean and safe again.

Upvote 0

sofiav

So your fish died during your absence, that is so sad.
For the Betta tank, just watch the parameter, may do another preventative waterchange and hope he won't bloat.
I am sure it was pretty stressful, so you could try to add the remaining fish. I would be worried that this would just add to the stress for Betta and glo-fish.
If you want to get them out of the poisonous environment, you could move them into a makeshift qt until the big tank is clean and safe again.
Ok thanks! I'll do another tiny water change in the morning and hope everything goes okay. I just added some indian almond leaves.

Upvote 0

Fisch

Ok thanks! I'll do another tiny water change in the morning and hope everything goes okay. I just added some indian almond leaves.
So what do you think killed your other fish? Six days without food should not have been a problem.

Upvote 0

sofiav

So what do you think killed your other fish? Six days without food should not have been a problem.
I have absolutely no idea. Well, one neon tetra was 2 and a half years old so it might have been from old age. I'm sad but I guess I've just got to move on and save the other tetras.

Upvote 0

smee82

Romove the dead fish and 80% of the water in both tanks. Do not add them to the bettas tank.

Upvote 0

sofiav

Romove the dead fish and 80% of the water in both tanks. Do not add them to the bettas tank.
done! hope they'll be okay

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Dennis57
  • Question
Replies
Views
LHAquatics
  • Question
Replies