Camallanus worms. Important

1. Harlebleondora

Harlebleondora Well Known Member Member

Oh dear, looks like when something goes bad with my fish everything goes bad.

First I discovered my endlers who are currently in quarantine have external parasites, they are being treated for it. Than I found out my community has some minor septicaemia, treating it right now. Had a glance at my guppy tank, and we have a guppy with severe camallanus worm infestation. Her belly is sunken in and she has several worms hanging from her as well as a weird white poo. I have noticed another guppy with about two.

No pictures for now, I can't find my good camera. :(

I have no meds for worms and will have to order some. I read an interesting thread on pleco planet saying that avitrol plus, which is a bird med can be used in the tank. http://plecoplanet.com/?page_id=48

How fast does camallanus kill?
    Any better meds to use?
    Thoughts?

Thank you all!

2. virusmk

virusmk Well Known Member Member

Harlebleondora

Oh dear,, my friend you are in a serious mess here.

Camallanus worms are serious pests and if not treated on time not that would infest every fish in the tank but it could be very hard to get rid.

If your not too far to Hombush i would suggest you go to to flamington markets and find sydney discus world aquariums and buy kusuri (flubendazole) as here in sydney you are not going to find stronger and more efective med.

Here is the link of them
    http://www.sydneydiscusworld.com/

That was the only place in whole western sydney that actually owner knew what is talking about and not just trying to sell product.

They saved my discuses

3. OP
    OP
    Harlebleondora

Harlebleondora Well Known Member Member

:( I live an hour and a half away from Sydney. Annoyingly, I was down there and very close to discus world the other day. I've already ordered the avitrol and I expect to arrive within 3 days. It contains levamisole and praziquantel, I think I will give it a go.

Does Kusuri actually kill the worms?
    How many doses do you get out of Kusuri?

4. virusmk

virusmk Well Known Member Member

It does kill tapeworms,fluke,planaria and a lot of small pests.
    That was saviour for my tank as i have tried a lot of meds, without much of a sucsses till i found this aquarium store.

The packaging that i got was 50$, not sure about weight but it does treat up to 2000g so thats over 30 treatments for my 300 l tank.

5. M

Mamajin Well Known Member Member

Good stuff right there. Just make sure you follow the directions to the letter and do not stop until treatment is totally finished. You don't want those nasty buggers to rear their ugly little heads again.