Camallanus Worm Levamisole Dosage Question

1. Madrigal77

Madrigal77 New Member Member

Just curious what the dosage is on this? I read an article saying 5g will treat 100 gallons, but I bought some online and the container says 5g treats 500 gallons. Just want to check because I don't want to overdose it.

Attached Files:

2. Discus-Tang

Discus-Tang Well Known Member Member

2ppm is the correct dose. You may have to find something that converts ppm to a ratio.

3. C

Cardeater Valued Member Member

4. OP
    OP
    Madrigal77

Thanks guys. I'm really bad at math. Can anyone help me calculate the correct dosage? My tank is 38 gallons. I assume the best way to do it is dissolve it in a portion of tank water and then dose the tank.

5. C

I was only treating 10g so I did the method of meadumeas out the 100g dose and dividing it visually into 10 equal parts. There's a good margin for error as the leathal dose is several magnitudes of the recommended dose.

Dissolving into a cup, stirring in might be ideal but my experience is that the powder was water soluble enough that just pouring in powder was fine. It dissolved quickly without me even stirring. You could also just pour it by an airstone , powerhead or filter outlet so it gets mixed it better.

6. OP
    OP
    Madrigal77

Is it 5g per 100 or 5g per 500? It shouldn't be too hard if it's 5g per 100

7. C

Just scroll down in that article to dosage section. After the math part, there's a more simple explanation of how to divide the quarter teaspoon, I think , measurement.

8. OP
    OP
    Madrigal77

Thanks for the help guys. Dosed the tank and everyone seems OK. One of my rams was worse than I thought, but he's slowly passing them. Hope they can all make a full recovery.

Attached Files:

9. C

Just remember that it might take 2-3 treatments to get rid of them. Also try to syphon as much of the gravel as you can as levamisole is said to only paralyze the worms and not kill them.