Camallanus worm? Black thread? Bloated

Oscarlover300

I’m sorry if any of you have seen me post about this before but I really need help, my Oscar fish is still bloated “3 weeks” her anus is swollen stomach and fins, she still swims right up to me interested in food at times not feeding her much, she acting more agitated Now than ever. I have fenbendazole flakes arriving tomorrow. I tried Metronidazole religiously. Than levimisole from agrilabs at 4ppm just about a gram for my 75 gallon tank. Within an hour she completely changed very agitated zooming around tank. The levimisole also made her resent food for 2-3 days like even scared of the smell of it. I did a very low dose to, I’ve heard up to 13ppm some people use 5g per 100gallon.”5 days ago” should I do second dose???? I’m not even sure if she has worms but for a week she’s had this black worm or thread. levimisole had no effect at all? I can’t find any info on black worms or anything. 3 weeks researching every day calling vets still no idea what’s going on. At first maybe really bad constipation but she can still pass peas. Either a bad protozoan infection, or I think she may have a bad nematode infestation. She does swim erratically when pooping even weeks leadinup to this before bloat would swim erratically at times when pooping Please any advice/comments thanks a lot.
48FBCD97-8163-421D-A98E-AEAC49025DE7.png
545B17A4-C9E1-4BA7-B81E-39D0E4D57E9E.png
875789C3-C212-4D93-B4C6-5E182CE13AD3.png
55DCFE47-1125-4273-927C-E1F91E8AFFD4.png
9A17AC88-36EF-4B3E-A1A1-681D6042E53D.png
1B83C6ED-4CE8-479B-AC28-E87DA70F3427.png
906528BF-FCCD-4E97-8919-BC6B9933DFD8.png
76F64881-911A-4AAD-8DA2-FA1801109388.png

Best Answer - View Kjeldsen's answer

Kjeldsen

Well Known
Doesn't look like Camallanus, and the fish lives alone in the tank. Camallanus has to be introduced by another source. Have you fed her live feeder fish?

I don't have an answer for what's wrong, but it sounds like you've been panic-medicating the oscar with too many drugs. I would stop except for clean fresh water with some epsom salt if they are bloated. Lower the stress and keep the lights off. See how it goes. Good luck.

OP
O

Oscarlover300

Kjeldsen said:
Doesn't look like Camallanus, and the fish lives alone in the tank. Camallanus has to be introduced by another source. Have you fed her live feeder fish?

I don't have an answer for what's wrong, but it sounds like you've been panic-medicating the oscar with too many drugs. I would stop except for clean fresh water with some epsom salt if they are bloated. Lower the stress and keep the lights off. See how it goes. Good luck.
No live food at all! Been a year and it was just a ghost shrimp, Very confused myself.... she does have black spot disease which I found out, and she’s had hole in the head, in the past but all the pits are scared over as if it’s healed. Before she got bloated I’m worried I overfed her smaller pelllets that she didn’t digest/stressed her. Thank you, I have Epsom salt in the main tank almost 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons. Really need something to happen soon:/

New Threads