75 Gallon Tank Camallanus treatment

Tsully

Ok, so. I have read and read and read about camallanus worms. But I'm still not 100% sure about teatment. But I have tried a fenbendazole flake I bought from Amazon and also tried prazipro. And my poor angel fish still has just as many worms showing from its vent.

I just purchased 99.9% levamisole powder from ebay. It will take 1 - 2 weeks to receive. Please tell me if this is the right stuff and if the measurements are correct (I've attached 2 photos) do I just add it to the water? Or is it best to make food? Also I read to remove active carbon filter and leave lights off. I've already lost 3 gourami.

I have removed all my snails (since I read treatment can be hard on them) and all plants and most gravel (to make it easier to gravel vac). Also i read some where that my pictus catfish could have a hard time with the medication. Is that true?

Sorry, I know thats alot of questions and info, but my anxiety is getting the best of me with this. I have just read so much about it and lost.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211004-013154_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20211004-013154_eBay.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20211004-013502_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20211004-013502_eBay.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 12

A201

Sorry you're having such a difficult time.
IMO, as long as the Angel's continue to eat keep feeding the medicated food. Otherwise dose the Lavemdisole as recommended by the manufacturer.

Tsully

Sorry you're having such a difficult time.
IMO, as long as the Angel's continue to eat keep feeding the medicated food. Otherwise dose the Lavemdisole as recommended by the manufacturer.

Yeah, its been awful. Especially since I am still fairly new to fish keeping. Ok. I will continue until the flake food it gone. I've already been at it for over a week. But what about the catfish, corys, and bristlenose , will the medicated flakes help them if they are also infested?

A201

The medicated flakes shouldn't adversely affect the tankmates.
Don't get frustrated, worm infestations aren't very common & probably won't happen again.
Might be a good idea to change vendors when buying new fish.

coralbandit

1 gram per 20 g
Let set in tank 3-4 days then change water .
Re dose 3 weeks later as it will not kill eggs [nor will the food that I know ] ..
Camallanus Treatment - Use of Levamisole HCl
I trust only Charles on this topic . His writings are cited on many links [ like the loach link many follow] yet despite citing his info many [ most sites/links ] botch his info horribly ..
Maybe just me .I have followed his advice and even got my levamisole HCI from him and solved my issue first attempt .

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Chiasmodon
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
10 Gallon Tank Stubborn Camallanus Worms
Replies
Views
Madchild57
Replies