Cam someone help me with safe dosing?

Highlander88

So yesterday I learned about seachem safe, the powder. And according to everyone talking about it, it lasts forever because you need such a little amount. So I ordered some and it arrived today! As a mother of 3 I'm always looking to save money, and I've gone through 3 bottles of prime between 2 tanks in the last month and that's adding up. What I couldn't find out is exactly how much to add to my 25 gallon tank. People were asking on forums but I never once saw an actual answer that I could go with. I can't work it out based on the instructions and I'm terrible at math.

Can someone just straight up tell me exactly how much I need to add to my water for water changes? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!!

SotaAquatics

1/4 tsp for 300 gallons. so that ends up being about 1/48th tsp for full 25 gallons. I add Safe as well at home, and add the full tank volume amount - i.e. 1/48th for 25 gallons in your case, not just the amount for replacement water. Almost impossible to overdose Safe/Prime. I purchased a super tiny teaspoon measurement set from amazon for about 5-6 dollars. goes from 1/4th to 1/64th teaspoon.

Upvote 0

Highlander88

1/4 tsp for 300 gallons. so that ends up being about 1/48th tsp for full 25 gallons. I add Safe as well at home, and add the full tank volume amount - i.e. 1/48th for 25 gallons in your case, not just the amount for replacement water. Almost impossible to overdose Safe/Prime. I purchased a super tiny teaspoon measurement set from amazon for about 5-6 dollars. goes from 1/4th to 1/64th teaspoon.
Perfect thank you SO much! I'm so happy to have discovered this. I want our tanks to have the very best but prime is expensive when you start adding it up. I've had to do regular water changes and double doses of it in my son's tank because I was wrongly informed that the tank was cycled so we bought fish and they started to suffer after a week. So yeah it's been pricey and stressful thus far! But we haven't lost a fish yet!

Upvote 0

SotaAquatics

Perfect thank you SO much! I'm so happy to have discovered this. I want our tanks to have the very best but prime is expensive when you start adding it up. I've had to do regular water changes and double doses of it in my son's tank because I was wrongly informed that the tank was cycled so we bought fish and they started to suffer after a week. So yeah it's been pricey and stressful thus far! But we haven't lost a fish yet!

I LOVE Prime and Safe as well. No better water conditioner or ammonia/nitrite detoxifier on the market in my opinion. I had to do an emergency quarantine tank once in the past, put a lot of fish in an uncycled tank for a month, between Safe and water changes, never had any issues, no sick fish or deaths despite constant small ammonia readings.

Upvote 0

Highlander88

I LOVE Prime and Safe as well. No better water conditioner or ammonia/nitrite detoxifier on the market in my opinion. I had to do an emergency quarantine tank once in the past, put a lot of fish in an uncycled tank for a month, between Safe and water changes, never had any issues, no sick fish or deaths despite constant small ammonia readings.
That's fantastic! Im glad to hear it works so well!

Can you send me the link to the measuring spoons please? I can't find them on Amazon!

I found some! So for 25 gallons I would just add 3 pinches according to this photo?? How much for a 10 gallon?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210426-155303.png
    Screenshot_20210426-155303.png
    171 KB · Views: 18
Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
JLDJ
  • Question
Replies
Views