Calm barbs?

Allisonlynn1321

Okay so, I’m coming back because I was rethinking some things. I REALLY love the look of cherry and Odessa barbs. But will want some bigger “show” fish in the tank. Which is why I was hoping the Bolivian ram or pearl gourami would work.
You must be registered to see images

I redid some potential stocking and would like some feedback. As you’ll see I have a 30 gal bowfront. Between watching aquarium co op and doing some research I found odessas are a little more complacent than tigers but that when gouramis or rams breed they may become aggressive. So if I did one of each with cherry AND Odessa barbs, would that cut back the aggression of them all? To hopefully allow for a beautiful community tank?
It will also be more heavily planted with all natural aquascaping to allow for hiding and separate territories.
(Totals if you can’t see the photo are 7 emerald corys, 5 Odessa barbs, 5 cherry barbs, 1 pearl gourami and 1 Bolivian ram)

FishyLove1

Okay so, I’m coming back because I was rethinking some things. I REALLY love the look of cherry and Odessa barbs. But will want some bigger “show” fish in the tank. Which is why I was hoping the Bolivian ram or pearl gourami would work.
You must be registered to see images

I redid some potential stocking and would like some feedback. As you’ll see I have a 30 gal bowfront. Between watching aquarium co op and doing some research I found odessas are a little more complacent than tigers but that when gouramis or rams breed they may become aggressive. So if I did one of each with cherry AND Odessa barbs, would that cut back the aggression of them all? To hopefully allow for a beautiful community tank?
It will also be more heavily planted with all natural aquascaping to allow for hiding and separate territories.
(Totals if you can’t see the photo are 7 emerald corys, 5 Odessa barbs, 5 cherry barbs, 1 pearl gourami and 1 Bolivian ram)
Try a Firemouth cichlid....... semi-aggressive cichlid and great for the semi-aggressive community tank. I personally had about 8-10 barbs and a firemouth in a tank at one point in my fish keeping years that was a great combination for me....... Also the Severum cichlid mine was a gentle giant!!!
But what works for other people doesn't always work out but you can try and always take them back if a issue arises!!! Good Luck!! I wish you the best!!! ❤️❤️

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
RLI
Replies
Views
Anders247
Replies
Views
Spaghettios
Replies
Views