Callamanus worms 150 Gallon Tank

1. lewis Initiate Member

hi there iv had a dreadfull worm problem and iv decided to chuck most of my lovely fish and i think/feel that iv got rid of them as iv bleached and cleaned my tank and put the fish that look fine back in and i need help asap because i gettin fd up of redoing my tank ovr and over again. the fish iv kept dont show any sign of rubbing against anything or worms at the anal and im unsure on what to do next as they look healthy now. please please help iv had this problem for almost a year and nothin is working!!

2. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Hi Lewis, welcome to FishLore :)
    I'm sorry you're having this problem. I've never had to deal with it but from what I understand it's horrible.
    If your fish looking healthy now, I'm not sure what you're asking.

Edit: Oh one more thing. Is your tank 150 gallona like it says in the title or 150 Liters as listed in your aquarium info?

3. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

hi welcome to fl. is your issue that you keep having to start your tanks over because you keep having problems?

how are the bettas doing in your tank? it's usually recommended that each betta be kept alone.

also, is your tank cycled? in my opinion, most tank issues arise from an uncycled tank (although clearly not the callamus worms). If you aren't familiar with the nitrogen cycle, please click on the link and read up on it. Your tank info says you understand it. Do you know what your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate readings are?

hmm... also, if your tank is 40 gallons, you may be overstocked...

4. lewis Initiate Member

hi there i have kept my male and female betta together an they are perfect as they dont bother eachother at all and i do breed them occasionally on set dates and it is a 150 gallon tank and no were near overstocked. and the ammonia,nitrite and nitrate im reading over abit to help me and the tank is cycled.

5. lewis Initiate Member

and its 150 gallons Lucy. and what im asking is how do i tell if the fish are gone of callamanus worms?