Call the Cops

knuggs

Reaction score
I just robbed the my lfs. They gave me:

2 Redline Barbs

and 4 Blackline Penguin Fish

all for $10.:biggrin: I know the barbs go for at least $20 each, but I'm not for sure what the penguin fish go for. Does anyone know?

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That's just like me with my new dwarf loaches. The store sold them to me for $2.49+taxesCDN each and they normally go for about $25-30+taxesCDN each here. The manager said it was because the seller screwed up and sent them by accitdent so sold to me for that price. I am so happy with my loaches. Congrats on your steal.
Tom

Jimold

Well Known Member
Reaction score
good score!!!!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
it's cool to rob them instead of the other way around for a change. great pickup!

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
how cool is that!!! cant beat a good bargain! ;D tan

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Cool. the fish that you are talking about, penguin tetras are what they are called by me and only go for 3-4$ each.

Fish Fry

Reaction score
If it were me, and i new the store made a mistake, I would point out the mistake to the manager or owner because it would be the right thing to do. Besides that knowing that i took advantage of some one's mistake would drive nuts and ruin my karma.

Jimold

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Fish fry, I'm afraid I have to disagree. I would never knowningly steal from someone. But this wasn't stealing, it was taking advantage of a situation. I've worked enough retail to know that some of these places mark-up from wholesale is stealing in it's own right.

If you feel guilty, then just remember the words of the great P.T. Barnum:

Never give a sucker an even break!

Fish Fry

Reaction score
Look it's your conscience not mine if you came feel good about your self TAKING ADVANTAGE OF ANOTHER PERSON then so be it. I personally couldn't do it and be happy about it, but that is just how i am. So please P.T Barnum (who died a lonely man) and his saying need to be a part of American Shameful history. Remember P.T. also put people on display like so many animals from around the world because they looked different.

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have asked the manager of a pet store and he said that at the price that he gets his fish in, on 3-4 fish sold, he makes the shipment back and a little more. The stores get their fosh for really cheap, and sell them based on the size of the fish and coloration. But I understand with what you are saying. I wasn't really taking the advantage of the store, it was the distributer had screwed up the order and I took it as is.
Tom

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Most of the time a good store owner says it's their mistake and tells you to keep them anyways, just to let you know.

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Jim said:
Fish fry, I'm afraid I have to disagree.  I would never knowningly steal from someone.  But this wasn't stealing, it was taking advantage of a situation.  I've worked enough retail to know that some of these places mark-up from wholesale is stealing in it's own right. 

If you feel guilty, then just remember the words of the great P.T. Barnum:

Never give a sucker an even break! 
my hubby worked in retail and they usually double the price at what they buy them in at. they make enough profit, so i wouldnt worry at all. they know what they're doing!! the odd good gesture they do like this is to keep you coming back so they can make more profit out of you at a later date. they'll always end up quids in (or dollars in!?)

Jimold

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Fish fry, why do you sound so hostile? It was only my opinion.

darkwolf29a

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I got a huge deal too this weekend. We went to visit my gf's Mom and walked in to a LFS. Well, guppies for $2 and ghost shrimp for .30???!!!! Holy cow...when I can find ghost shrimp in Green Bay, they aren't cheap. And, usually, I can't find them. I bought 20 of them and a female guppy. $10 and I got a lot of stuff. LOL

vin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Are you sure the red line barbs they sold you weren't cherry barbs? Red Line (Denison barbs) are expensive..I've seen them as high as $24 ea. for SMALL ones...Larger ones are nearly double that ....Penguin tetras sell for $2.50 near me.

lolagurl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
darkwolf29a said:
Yeah, I got a huge deal too this weekend. We went to visit my gf's Mom and walked in to a LFS. Well, guppies for $2 and ghost shrimp for .30???!!!! Holy cow...when I can find ghost shrimp in Green Bay, they aren't cheap. And, usually, I can't find them. I bought 20 of them and a female guppy. $10 and I got a lot of stuff. LOL
ghost shrimp here are 25 cents how much are they usually there for you

newbie101

Well Known Member
Reaction score
yeah, where i live ghost shrimp are super cheap, like 25 cents apiece.

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Nice one, Knuggs! What a steal. Enjoy!

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Emma said:
yeah, where i live ghost shrimp are super cheap, like 25 cents apiece.
Ya, they are about $0.10 here or $1 for 15. Now that is a steal(not literally).
Tom

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
wow g.shrimp are about a ?1 each here!! it seems i'm the one getting robbed!!!!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom