Call Me Crazy, But.....

1. KevInLA

KevInLA Valued Member Member

So Im currently cycling a 60 gallon tank and wanted to TRY and do a community tank. Being as how this is my first tank, EVERYTHING im looking at I want to put in, haha. Im aware certain types of crayfish will kill anything they get their claws on, but id really like to try and get something that isnt a fish in the tank. Id like an active tank. With my fish stocking, Im thinking of something along these lines:

1-2 dwarf cichlid species (bolivian ram, kribs, or apistos) - likely about 4-6 total (1m/2f each)
    1 Pleco
    8-10+ Tetras
    1-2 Killifish or Rainbowfish
    Bottom dwellers is where Im a bit stuck. I want to have the scavenger-type to help keep it up. Im using a black sand substrate. My initial idea was a school of 6-8 cories, but then came across a blue lobster at my lfs, and it got me thinking of other bottm dwelling scavengers I should consider.

The other option I was considering was an electric blue jack dempsey and a pleco with an electric blue lobster but not sure if itll work.

Can anyone offer some ideas or suggestions based on what ive had in mind? Thanks!!

2. BottomDweller

BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

Rainbow fish and some killifish are schooling so they should be kept in groups of 6+

Snails and larger shrimp would work

How about
    2 bolivian rams
    1 BN pleco
    10-12 neon tetras or skirt tetras
    8-10 Australian rainbowfish
    10-12 panda cories
    10 Amano shrimp
    2 nerite snails
    3 mystery snails

Or
    2 GBR
    1 Clown pleco
    10-12 Cardinal tetras
    8 Boesemani rainbows
    10-12 Bronze/albino cories or kuhli loaches
    10 amano shrimp
    3 nerite snails
    2 mystery snails
    2 rabbit snails

3. THE HABITAT

THE HABITAT Well Known Member Member

I don't know all the stock limiting and compatibility questions...Yet... But i will tell you getting Amano shrimp will keep you entertained...and their great cleaners...