Calico Oranda, sitting on bottom of tank?

Koiman680

I’ve been pretty good with keeping my fish for the past 8 years but I can’t seem to figure out this one problem. In my goldfish fancy tail tank, my oldest Calico Oranda is sitting in the bottom of the tank.

He’s been doin this for the past 6 months I wanna say. As of recent his scales have been slightly raising so I’m extremely concerned for his health. He’s in a tank with 4 other ranchus and 1 other telescopic fish which is his best friend (seriously they swim together, fight off fish who chase them, and copy each other). The others only exhibit this behaviour 30% of the time. But he’s doing this pretty much 95% of the day unless I feed him.

when I do feed he still eats as do the others. I’ve been feeding green peas every two days, no pellets. When he does eat he swims in all kinda of directions to get food, brushing the side of his body in the substrate. I’m concerned he’s going to pass soon so I’m asking y’all to help me.

so far I tried:
Praziquantel x3
Focus + Metronidazole (Flagyl tabs) x 3
Epsom salts (1 teaspoon per 5 gallons)
Aquarium salt (same as above)

water parameters: (temp 80 degrees)
est June 22 2022

pH 7.8

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 10 ppm
Please help me!!!!!

PeterFishKeepin

Welcome to fishlore :)

Could you post a photo of the goldfish, also a top view would be helpful so we could tell if it has pineconning/dropsy.

How big is the fish tank?

Is there any major stresses in the tank that could be causing it? Does the fish look rather fatter then usual or should be?

Koiman680

4D37D3DA-200D-42C0-A1C0-703C782A5578.jpeg
4D37D3DA-200D-42C0-A1C0-703C782A5578.jpeg
Welcome to fishlore :)

Could you post a photo of the goldfish, also a top view would be helpful so we could tell if it has pineconning/dropsy.

How big is the fish tank?

Is there any major stresses in the tank that could be causing it? Does the fish look rather fatter then usual or should be?
Hey I just posted a picture of him.

Tank is a 90 gallon.
I can’t think of one thing that would stress him out. I’ve been doing water changes 3-5 days apart. He still eats everything. He still sifts through substrate looking for food from time to time. Idk what it could be

PeterFishKeepin

Hi there, look at his sides of body, see how to scales are slightly poking out, this is a sign of dropsy and pine conning, can remember how to treat, perhaps search it up on the fishlore search bar or on google, otherwise wait for others to respond

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
FrillyLily
Replies
Views
CaptainAquatics
Replies
Views
Noroomforshoe
Replies
Views