10 Gallon Tank Calcium question

ButtercuptheOranda

So I know in freshwater you need to supplement your inverts with calcium but is that the same with hermit crabs and cleaner shrimp? i Have a liquid test kit but I’m confused on how to measure the calcium if someone wants to walk me through it at the level of a 3rd grader LOL

Ghelfaire

I would only be concerned if the crabs/shrimp have issues molting or their shells look weak etc.

Cheapest way to add extra calcium to a tank is cuttlebone. Go to the bird section of the pet store and see if they have the loose bulk stuff.

Upvote 0

ButtercuptheOranda

I would only be concerned if the crabs/shrimp have issues molting or their shells look weak etc.

Cheapest way to add extra calcium to a tank is cuttlebone. Go to the bird section of the pet store and see if they have the loose bulk stuff.
Ok thank you!

Upvote 0

Jesterrace

There is no need to add any calcium for that application. They will be fine as is.

Upvote 0

ButtercuptheOranda

There is no need to add any calcium for that application. They will be fine as is.
My cleaner shrimp molted overnight perfectly :D thanks guys

Upvote 0

PNWAquatics

Do you have any non-softie corals? If not, you probably won't ever need to supplement calcium.

Upvote 0

Jesterrace

My cleaner shrimp molted overnight perfectly :D thanks guys

Mine did it frequently and I never dosed.

Upvote 0

ButtercuptheOranda

Do you have any non-softie corals? If not, you probably won't ever need to supplement calcium.
I only have fish and inverts

Upvote 0

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom