Calcium Powder For Nerite Snail?

TheBettaSushi

Hey all. So I recently purchased a nerite snail to help clean up my betta tank. The snail is in quarantine now and I’m looking into calcium and food supplements as my GH and KH is pretty low (4-5gh and 2-3kh) and I’m sure my water is lacking in the calcium department. I came across repashy super green and have seen people make snail jello with it and they add calcium powder to the food. I’m wondering if this product is a good source of calcium to mix with repashy or if I should be looking into another calcium powder.

The product is from Now foods and is 100% calcium carbonate with no other added ingredients.

I have incorporated blanched zucchinI and he (or she) seems to take it well. I don’t want to feed algae wafers that is filled with fillers (those are the only ones I have come across) and have heard great reviews about repashy. I’ll be using snail jello in rotation with aquatic blended foods veggie sticks with calcium that I ordered from amazon, zucchini, and the repashy and calcium jello.

If there is a better calcium powder or better nerite snail food out there, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

david1978

I have seen all kinds of recipes using everything from tums to calcium powder to crushed oyster shell to plaster of paris.

TheBettaSushi

I have seen all kinds of recipes using everything from tums to calcium powder to crushed oyster shell to plaster of paris.
So will the calcium product I mentioned work? Or should I be looking into a different calcium product?

david1978

It should work just fine.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
mattgirl
Replies
Views
MacZ
Replies
Views