Cab I Add Anemone In My 18g Tank

Lorekeeper

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I think you need to back up for a second before adding anything to your tank.

Can we get a picture of the tank itself? For an 18 gallon tank, you're probably gonna want at least 8-10 KG of rock.

Does the filter produce a lot of flow? Most stock filters that come with tanks are pretty underwhelming as far as flow. An anemone, and corals, will both need a lot of flow.

How about lighting? Most corals and anemones are photosynthetic, meaning they use light to produce energy. Without a good light, corals won't do too well. You'll also need to supplement your anenome's diet with some meaty foods, like mysis shrimp.

You say natural seawater. Is it like the Top Fin bottled stuff? Or are you walking out to the beach and collecting water? If you're doing the latter, you'll want to be EXTREMELY careful. Collecting seawater from most areas of the world can introduce diseases and contaminants to your tank, that in such a small volume of water can be catastrophic. If you're using the Top Fin stuff, more than likely it's alright to use, but mixing your own water would be cheaper.

sanjay7

Valued Member
Reaction score
I just do physical filtration . For large and small particles.

This is my tank . It's a month old. I'm nothing a add anemones in this tank. I would like to add corals.i use normal LED light. Yes the water flow is good.
Lorekeeper said:
I think you need to back up for a second before adding anything to your tank.

Can we get a picture of the tank itself? For an 18 gallon tank, you're probably gonna want at least 8-10 KG of rock.

Does the filter produce a lot of flow? Most stock filters that come with tanks are pretty underwhelming as far as flow. An anemone, and corals, will both need a lot of flow.

How about lighting? Most corals and anemones are photosynthetic, meaning they use light to produce energy. Without a good light, corals won't do too well. You'll also need to supplement your anenome's diet with some meaty foods, like mysis shrimp.

You say natural seawater. Is it like the Top Fin bottled stuff? Or are you walking out to the beach and collecting water? If you're doing the latter, you'll want to be EXTREMELY careful. Collecting seawater from most areas of the world can introduce diseases and contaminants to your tank, that in such a small volume of water can be catastrophic. If you're using the Top Fin stuff, more than likely it's alright to use, but mixing your own water would be cheaper.

sanjay7

Valued Member
Reaction score
sanjay7 said:
I just do physical filtration . For large and small particles.

This is my tank . It's a month old. I'm nothing a add anemones in this tank. I would like to add corals.i use normal LED light. Yes the water flow is good. Sorry for later reply .

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom