C02 injection, follow the chart or 1 pH drop?

BlockHead1981

Hello, everywhere I read 1 point co2 drop is what I should be striving for injecting co2. However if I follow the chart according to my pH before co2 which is 7 it should be around 6.5 which is what I have now. I have about 3 bubbles per second and my drop checker is green, not bright green but green. I have dwarf hairgrass if that matters, should I be aiming for a pH of 6 or am I ok the way it is now? I want to get the most out of my co2 setup without wasting co2. Thanks

GlennO

I would do as you're doing and use a combination of the chart and drop checker. If the chart indicates a pH of 6.5 as 30ppm CO2 and your drop checker is showing lime green at 6.5 then you can be pretty sure that you've got it where you want it to be.

I have pushed mine a little further into light green to maximise CO2, but keep an eye on your fish if you do that.

BlockHead1981

I would do as you're doing and use a combination of the chart and drop checker. If the chart indicates a pH of 6.5 as 30ppm CO2 and your drop checker is showing lime green at 6.5 then you can be pretty sure that you've got it where you want it to be.

I have pushed mine a little further into light green to maximise CO2, but keep an eye on your fish if you do that.
Thanks for the help, I re calibrated my pH meter and my pH before co2 is 7.2 and with co2 its 6.4. My drop checker is green, but the chart says im at 48ppm for dkh of 4. I don't have any shrimp in the tank yet since it's only a week and a half old and still cycling. My dwarf hairgrass looks healthy, but no horizontal growth yet just up, grows fast though.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
DioAquatics
Replies
Views
toosie
Replies
Views
rsumner
  • Question
Replies