Buying Rasboras Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Mak-

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
My local aquarium club uses Wet Spot Tropical Fish for group orders, everyone seems to really really like them. They have almost every fish you can think of, and like 25 different types of rasboras

Here's their stock list:
Fish

Dinoknight

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
They have everything except tank raised Pygmy cories. that is something to be aware of, they do sell a lot of wild caught fish. Which is fine, but my personal morals forbid me from buying wild caught fish. But if that is not something you shy away from, then go ahead, they have anything you could ever want!

- Dino

-Mak-

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
They have everything except tank raised Pygmy cories. that is something to be aware of, they do sell a lot of wild caught fish. Which is fine, but my personal morals forbid me from buying wild caught fish. But if that is not something you shy away from, then go ahead, they have anything you could ever want!

- Dino
Ah yes same here, totally forgot to mention that. There are definitely some ethical wild fish collecting organizations that benefit the local people and don't over harvest (I'm think of one in particular but I can't remember the name), but you never know.

LittleBlueGuppy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I'm not sure if they have exactly what you want (but very likely they do cause they sell quite a few types of fish), but I've heard good reports about aquatic arts (I've never actually ordered there myself though).

P.S. also, everything I've seen at aquatic arts is tank raised.

Last edited:

shrimpdaddy

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I've made a purchase from Aquatic Arts and was very pleased. I thought the quailty was great, they were very responsive. I think most of what they sell is tank raised. Maybe not everything, but it usually says in the description. Shipping was expensive ($70), but as far as I know it's probably in line with overnight shipping for live animals.

Last edited:

Dinoknight

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Ah yes same here, totally forgot to mention that. There are definitely some ethical wild fish collecting organizations that benefit the local people and don't over harvest (I'm think of one in particular but I can't remember the name), but you never know.
By ethical, I mean for the fish. I know there are certainly unethical and ethical collectors towards the fish and humans involved, but I do not think it is right to bring in wild caught fish unless it is for the expressed purpose of breeding them for the hobby at large so that more do not have to be wild caught (a few sacrifice for the good of the species... And our aquariums...) afterwards. I think that a wild fish should not be put in a tank, as it has only ever known open waters, and therefore a tank will be less suitable then the wild. however, a captive bred fish (not from a farm, those have problems of their own...) does not know open rivers, so it is not a cruelty to the fish to be in captivity. However, I have no problem with others who keep wild caught fish, just I myself will not keep them.

- Dino

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom