Buying for Chili Rasbora online?

takimoto12

Hello everyone,

I recently bought some chili Rasbora for my 10 gallon cycled tank which they shared with some blue velvets and some bladder snails.
I made the mistake of buying the fish from my lfs the day they arrived and not long after I got 8 of them the sick and weak ones began to die off. Seems they may have had ammonia poisoning and a rough trip to the store since a few hung at the surface like they were gasping. 2 are dead, 3 mia (presumed dead) and 3 alive. I’m a bit discouraged and doubt creeped in if I can handle these fish. But my parameters were fine and if they weren’t the shrimp would have been long dead. And they’re happily eating spinach together.

Since my lfs is out of chili’s and it took awhile to get them, I was wondering for those of you who bought chili’s online, where did you receive a healthy school of them? While I would like an affordable place, I’m happy to put down money for a place that’ll give me these fish healthy and well taken care of. And if you have any other advice on taking care of these fish.

For now, I’ll let these survivors get use to their tank and settle in and hope the missing ones return. But I wouldn’t doubt the shrimp got to them if they were sick or dead.
Thank you for your help and advice.

BigManAquatics

I looked at a couple places online for grins n giggles the other day and they were out of stock there.

Upvote 0

takimoto12

I looked at a couple places online for grins n giggles the other day and they were out of stock there.
****, guess I’ll have to wait and see if more pop up. Hopefully I can find a reputable dealer as I hope the next batch is healthier. Don’t want the last 2-3 of them to be lonely

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

****, guess I’ll have to wait and see if more pop up. Hopefully I can find a reputable dealer as I hope the next batch is healthier. Don’t want the last 2-3 of them to be lonely
I know both my LFSs near me are having issues getting them in. Sounds like others around the country, too

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
pagoda
Replies
Views
StarGirl
Replies
Views
Aquaticguy