Buying fish online?

Kieren Munson-Burke

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi! I’m looking at get Julii cories and my LFS doesn’t stock them. I’ve never ordered fish online but I think I’m going to. What are some reliable places? Are there any places I should avoid?

fish47

Reaction score
not really sure about places to recommend but one place to stay away from is rainbowwatershop because I'm pretty sure the whole website is a scam as they sell dogs and cats online, their prices are extremely low for some things, and we looked up their location and it came up with a hotel! can anybody else who sees this check the website out to confirm my suspicions, or have any of you ordered from there?!

Gel0city

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
For online stores like aquabid and ebay I would research a bit more on the sellers you are buying from. Make sure they have positive reviews before you buy. You might need to buy hot/chill packs depending on where you want your fish getting shipped to.

FinalFins

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Kieren Munson-Burke said:
Hi! I’m looking at get Julii cories and my LFS doesn’t stock them. I’ve never ordered fish online but I think I’m going to. What are some reliable places? Are there any places I should avoid?
True julii are rare in the hobby. You will most likely recive false ones.

Deku-Cory

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
TheWetSpot is a great place to look, they always have quite a selection of Corydoras. They don't have true Julii in stock right now, but I know they have had them in the past. They update the website every Friday afternoon or evening, so check then. It's very difficult to get imported fish right now, so you're going to have an extremely hard time finding true Julii Cories anywhere.

Stay away from Arizona Aquatic Gardens. Not a good seller, even though their website looks professional.

JettsPapa

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Aqua Huna is good, but with the current world situation they're out of stock on many fish. It would still be worth checking.

e_watson09

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The type of cory you're looking for isn't very common so most likely you won't get what you're looking for. If I were you I'd want to see the fish before purchasing so you know what you're getting. Can you ask the LFS to order some in for you?

I have ordered fish off Aquabid (and eBay now) and I have had about a 50% success rate with what I got. Half the sellers were terrible to work with, sent me something that did NOT match the listing, etc. The other half the time I had a GREAT experience. So it really depends on the seller you get. Make sure to look at reviews (for example once I bought guppies, they were supposed to be adults and I got less than 4 week old fry that didn't survive). There are a ton of cories on aquabid but just remember its all up to the seller for how things play out.

trahana

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
fish47 said:
not really sure about places to recommend but one place to stay away from is rainbowwatershop because I'm pretty sure the whole website is a scam as they sell dogs and cats online, their prices are extremely low for some things, and we looked up their location and it came up with a hotel! can anybody else who sees this check the website out to confirm my suspicions, or have any of you ordered from there?!
I just about died laughing at their website.
“We are the best legit vendor of aquatic life forms,safe and fast delivery,moneyback guaranteed..Very afforedeble prices for all”
Any vendor thatneeds to say they are legit is clearly Not. And the grammar. Oh. My. probably based out of a third world country so they can get away with fraud.

conreality

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Not sure about the fish you're looking for specifically, but aquabid and eBay are fairly reliable depending on the seller. Honestly, the most important thing, to me, is a good DOA policy/live guarantee. I would never buy from a seller that didn't offer some sort of guarantee if they ship priority, because at that point you're just gambling. If they ship express then it should be a given.

conreality

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Deku-Cory said:
TheWetSpot is a great place to look, they always have quite a selection of Corydoras. They don't have true Julii in stock right now, but I know they have had them in the past. They update the website every Friday afternoon or evening, so check then. It's very difficult to get imported fish right now, so you're going to have an extremely hard time finding true Julii Cories anywhere.

Stay away from Arizona Aquatic Gardens. Not a good seller, even though their website looks professional.
Agreed, they almost reeled me in a few times. Not sure why I didn't go with them, but I'm glad I didn't. Doesn't apply to this post specifically, but Coastal Gems is a similar place to keep an eye out for.

trahana said:
“We are the best legit vendor of aquatic life forms,safe and fast delivery,moneyback guaranteed..Very afforedeble prices for all”
Any vendor thatneeds to say they are legit is clearly Not. And the grammar. Oh. My. probably based out of a third world country so they can get away with fraud.
I kinda wanna buy something just to see what shows up at my door, if anything.

fish47

Reaction score
trahana said:
exactly! and the address is literally a hotel!

New Threads