Buying Fancy Goldfish Online

jacgia813

Hi guys! I'm currently cycling a tank that I plan to add a pair of Thai orandas to. I've been doing a lot of research on reputable places to buy online, and I think I've narrowed it down to two, but would love some insight if anyone has purchased from either, or has other recommendations. I'm currently torn between King Koi and Goldfish and Zhao's Fancies. I was originally dead set on King Koi after purchasing a very healthy and high quality betta from them, but I've since started hearing mixed reviews on their fancies. I haven't heard much about Zhao's aside it being suggested by a few people, but I like that their fish are all bred and raised on their property instead of being imported. They just don't seem to have the selection that King Koi does, and I was told that although typically healthy, their fish are generally a bit of a lower quality genetics-wise than King Koi's. Any insights or recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Blueberrybetta

First of all, what size is the tank and what type of filter? Goldfish have one of the biggest bioloads, sometimes requiring 2 filters at once. Goldfish also grow very large and just 1 goldfish requires its own large tank.

jacgia813

Blueberrybetta said:
First of all, what size is the tank and what type of filter? Goldfish have one of the biggest bioloads, sometimes requiring 2 filters at once. Goldfish also grow very large and just 1 goldfish requires its own large tank.
40 gallon with QuietFlow E Internal 40 filter (290 gallons per hour), and a sponge filter rated for a 100 gallon tank. I did a lot of research before purchasing anything, and was told that with consistent water changes all of this sounds good. My current schedule for water changes are Sundays and Wednesdays, and I don't mind adding in more if the tank/fish need it.

Edited to add: I'm also prepared to buy a larger tank if they outgrow this one. I've been researching these fish for years, as I've wanted them my entire fish keeping duration (probably a good 12-15 years, just not consecutively lol). This is the first time I've ever had room for them, so I've really been researching as much as I can over the past couple months in preparation.

Top Bottom