Buying captive bred yellow tangs

J853

Where can I buy captive bred yellow tangs online? I've looked everywhere but had no luck. All the websites I've seen say out of stock.

CasperW

Have you inquired at your local fish store in case they can source some for you?

Tetraman124

I know shipping fish is schetchy but liveaquaria is amazing I buy from them all the time and have captive bred yellow tangs

Jesterrace

J853 said:
Where can I buy captive bred yellow tangs online? I've looked everywhere but had no luck. All the websites I've seen say out of stock.
Biota is the only one I know of that breed them in any quantity and even then the availability has always been spotty. It's even worse now that you can't get Yellow Tangs from Hawaii anymore.

RayClem

Jesterrace said:
Biota is the only one I know of that breed them in any quantity and even then the availability has always been spotty. It's even worse now that you can't get Yellow Tangs from Hawaii anymore.
Back when I kept saltwater aquariums, yellow tangs were readily available and one of the least expensive fish you could purchase. Now that Hawaii has cut off the supply of wild caught fish, availability has plummeted and prices have skyrocketed.

Random Great Thread

Top Bottom