Buying aquarium plants

Arrow1oo

Reaction score
I'm looking to start planting my tank, I've tried local sellers but they are all unreliable and unresponsive over the last few days.

I looked at a few websites, aquarium coop seems good but kind of expensive for their portion size, especially for things like jungle val.

I came across a website called aquarium plants that had a decent portion size for a decent price do I was wondering if anyone had experience with them, or can suggest other good retailers.

Plants I wanted:
Jungle val
Anubias Nana petite
Java Fern (trident or regular)
Crypt lutea/wendtii

CoryBoi

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Jacobs aquarium sells all the plants you listed.
some plants come in small, and others are huge!
but either way you CANNOT beat his prices!

OP
Arrow1oo

Arrow1oo

Reaction score
CoryFan said:
You're the man, his prices are insanely good and I can tell from him YouTube he knows his stuff. Thanks both of you guys

OP
Arrow1oo

Arrow1oo

Reaction score
Another question I should've asked earlier probably. I know plants need nitrate/nutrients to live and I plan on getting root tabs for jungle val/crypts since they are rooted.

I ordered all these plants at once and I'm not sure if it's safe to add them all at once. I've been feeding a little extra daily to try to build up some nitrates, nothing crazy just an extra pinch at night.

I know my tank is cycled and can process the waste but is it wise to add all the plants I bought at once. If not, what should I do. Mostly concerned about the rhizome plants since they won't benefit much from root tabs.

I got these:
4 jungle val portions
1 buce (looked cool)
1 anubias Nana petite
2 crypt wendtii green

Cody

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I’ve bought from Aquarium Co-op before. The plants are very healthy but they come in a little small but healthy plants are the goal.

I’ve also bought from Dustins Fish Tanks. Similar pricing to the co-op but he does stock a different variety. The couple plants I did get were much larger than expected and super healthy on arrival.

CoryFan said:
Wow too bad I did not know about this before. The prices are amazing!

Danny002

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Arrow1oo said:
Another question I should've asked earlier probably. I know plants need nitrate/nutrients to live and I plan on getting root tabs for jungle val/crypts since they are rooted.

I ordered all these plants at once and I'm not sure if it's safe to add them all at once. I've been feeding a little extra daily to try to build up some nitrates, nothing crazy just an extra pinch at night.

I know my tank is cycled and can process the waste but is it wise to add all the plants I bought at once. If not, what should I do. Mostly concerned about the rhizome plants since they won't benefit much from root tabs.

I got these:
4 jungle val portions
1 buce (looked cool)
1 anubias Nana petite
2 crypt wendtii green
You should be just fine to add them all at once, if you're concerned about the rhizome plants, you can add liquid ferts.

StarGirl15

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Tie the Anubia to a rock or wood. You can't bury the rhizome.

OP
Arrow1oo

Arrow1oo

Reaction score
StarGirl15 said:
Yea, I plan on it

coma1224

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Pretty much bought all my plants for plantedaquariumcentral.com Bought about five times so far. I will be ordering soon again. Healthy and good prices. I also get an extra free plant with each order.

Leeman75

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
StarGirl15 said:
I learned about the rhizome here and just did some maintenance on my tank to tie down a Java Fern that I had buried the rhizome on. Thanks for the tip on this!!

Incidentally, I ended up taking a spare piece of lava rock, drilled a couple of holes in it and threaded through there. Much easier than trying tie a line around the rock.

Dennis57

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I buy from Dustinsfishtanks.com and Marcusfishtanks.com both have a great selection and I have always got more then I asked for. But yes I have been buying from them for years so that also could be the reason

New Threads