Buying Aquarium Equipment To Be Reused On Future Tanks

Stephanie2015

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I was wondering can I get equipment for my 40g that I can use on a bigger tank later on? I have been thinking on getting canister and the aquaclear 70 hub and upgrading my standard light for something better for a good planted aquarium (maybe led). If so, please let me know what I should get for filtration and lighting. Also, would my aquaon 50g filter be ok to use on my 10g quarantine tank? Thank you for any feedback. =]

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Stephanie2015

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
What size canister and aquaclear hob should I get now to use on a bigger tank later? Ok, bout the aquaon filter lol I figured it be, but was hoping it would be useful for it. Filter that came with the 10g is very very basic. Could just a sponge filter in a quartine tank that us cycling?

Stephanie2015

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ugh *throws cell in time-out for changing words* ~.~

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Yes a sponge filter could work in a 10 gallon. What canister or hob you get really depends on what tank size you are thinking about getting in the future.

Stephanie2015

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thank you Dom. Lol yay more research xD! I think I am 200g tank girl with only able to do 40g lol... for now! =D

Stephanie2015

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Really love the idea of aquascaping an awesome tank that is beneficial to the fish I would have. Trying my hand at live plants now, but just low light beginners till I get a better light for mediums.

Et tu

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The water flows can be adjusted on Aquaclears & most canisters, so they are a bit flexible. A lot of us will keep a smaller filter on hand and just stuff it with some sponges/bio media from the show tanks filters, for a " instant " cycled filter, that way you don't need to keep the quarantine take set up all of the time.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom