Butterflies?

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Flyfrod, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Flyfrod

Flyfrod Valued Member Member

So here is where I enlist the help of my betta Friends. I have really taken a liking to :;fr(red) and :;f(blue) butterflies. I would love to try and breed some for myself. Here's where you all come in. I am having trouble finding them in the US. I had a bad experience with thia bettas and would like to stay in the states if possible. If anyone knows where I can find some please let me know. Thanks. :D

2. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Flyfrod.
    I'm sure we have some Betta breeders on the forum. Two that come to mind are MartinsMommy (MM) and Critter_Fritter. Shawnie may have some too. I'm sure they'll see this and respond before too long.
    Good luck in your search!
    Ken

3. Red1313

Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

There are some US breeders on Aquabid that ship only in the US. MM, Critter, and Whisper are all breeders on the forum and are in the States as well.
    If you go to the IBC website alot of breeders advertise there and many of them are US based as well.

Hop that helps :)

4. Martinismommy

Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

Flyrod, I have some beautiful blue BF's growing out right now..They will be ready in a few weeks...

5. OP
    OP
    Flyfrod

How did I know that you would have some MM. LOL Any idea where I could find some red BF's?

6. Martinismommy

No, red BF's are pretty hard to come by actually...I've seen some on Aquabid but not the quality I'd purchase...

7. Betta Whisperer

Betta Whisperer Well Known Member Member

MM maybe he would be interested in a Salamander. He can pretend it's a Red butterfly. LOL Post a picture for him to see one. I have a new batch of them but they are only 3 days old so they won't be ready for about 4 months.

8. OP
    OP
    Flyfrod

I like salamanders. Now that I come to think of it there's not a lot I don't like. MM, if I were to raise a show quality betta, could I send it to you to show? The only reason I ask is that in my area there's not much for shows or even clubs.

9. Martinismommy

Flyrod,

I have to ship my fish to the shows....You would have to do the same....We ship them and after the show they ship them back.....It gets very expensive......The reason I am able to send Whispers for her is because they are here with me.....

Get them to size and I'll guide you through the showing process if you are still interested.....

10. OP
    OP
    Flyfrod

Ok, thanks. I just setup another breeding tank. Tomorrow I'm going to give the MG pair another shot.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice