but the Mayans said

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ryanr, Dec 21, 2012.

1. ryanr

ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

funny.jpg

Happy that you're all still here with me. May MTS take over the world. bwhahahaha

It appears the Mayans had it wrong, the world didn't end.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  2. aylad

aylad Well Known Member Member

The day is young (here, at least, and younger still where the Mayans lived). :p

3. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Cute Ryan! I'm still here!

I was watching NBC news last night with Brian Williams and they had a Mayan expert talking and he said the Mayans never said the world was going to end, that it was only the end of a particular time frame.

However, the day isn't over. :) ROFL.

Ken

4. Everythingzen

Everythingzen Well Known Member Member

I kept getting distracted while sitting here waiting for the end. I turned down a Maya doco on zDiscovery because I was engrossed in Jaysee's fish vids, lol.

5. OP
    OP
    ryanr

ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

The site now does some funky things, but give it a second or two, you'll see the countdown clock is now counting up! We survived the end of the world! It's like a whole new life for humans

6. AquariaUK

AquariaUK Valued Member Member

The Mayans never predicted the end, they said it was the end o an ERA. They also never said the 21st of Dec.

7. aylad

No, just you wait. By the end of the day, the Great Aquarist will have moved us from this quarantine tank into the Great Display Tank of Eternity, where we'll enjoy a blissful existence surrounded by various other unimaginable species of intelligent life... probably including Dino's people. ;)

8. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello,

If the Spaniards hadn't killed the Mayans, they may have finished the calendar! Teehee! :)

Ken

9. Tigress Hill

Tigress Hill Well Known Member Member

The Mayans didn't take leap years into account; therefore we should have all died two years ago:;laughing

10. B

Brad1776 New Member Member

2012 Planetary Alignment - Since the Mayan calendar is based on cycles, December 21, 2012 merely indicates the end of a cycle that began on August 11, 3114 BC. There is no evidence from any Mayan literature suggesting that the world will come to an end.

Seems like good new to me :;toast

11. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassion Moderator Moderator Member

Perhaps the Zombie virus still needs time to spread but already have started. Remember stay a way from people who are walking funny and vacant eyes.

12. Mrs.Price

Mrs.Price Valued Member Member

Haha, I shared that Marvin the Martian post on my facebook this morning, LOVE IT... Here's one for ya :)

547607_446832028698812_2065087868_n_zpsc3791977.jpg

:;toast

13. nippybetta

nippybetta Well Known Member Member

Actually, if mad cow disease infected humans, it could be a zombie disease- scary thought.

I heard at school that they flipped over the mayan calender and found a bunch more dates, or something. I don't know if it's true though.

14. oscardude

oscardude Valued Member Member

If the mayans were so good at predicting the future, wouldnt there still be mayans?

15. Mrs.Price

Mrs.Price Valued Member Member

Saw that one on FB too xD *thumbs up*

16. 3

3aquariums Valued Member Member

He's right (Aqua UK), they never said anything about the world ending. Its like replacing your 2012 calender with a 2013 calender. The cycle just starts over like all of the other calenders

17. 3

3aquariums Valued Member Member

Its gotton to all of my coworkers and neighbors! Help me!

18. aylad

Exactly... the Mayan apocalypse happened long, long ago.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice