Busy weekend

1. not4you Member Member

I had a pretty busy fish weekend!

Friday night I got a 55 gallon tank from my uncle.

Saturday afternoon I cleaned the 55 (it was <b>filthy!!!</b>) and filled it up that night.

Sunday, I didn't do much due to plans with some friends but I did plan out the next day.

Monday, I got a late start from sleeping so late ;). First, I moved everything (fish, filter, decorations) from my 20 gal to a 10 gal I set up a few days ago. Then I finally ripped out the UGF from my 20 gal!!! Before that I filled a bunch of pantyhose with gravel from the 20 and planted them in the 10 and the 55. Next, new gravel went into the 20 and filled it with water. Then I transfered back the filter, decorations and fish and everything looks great!

I'm currently cycling the 55 and 10 fishless style. I can't wait till they are ready!!!

2. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Woo Hoo! 

GO not4you!  GO not4you!  GO not4you!

3. EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

Well Good Luck with everything!!!!

4. not4you Member Member

Well everything in the 20 gal is right on target (0/0/10 7.3) 8)

I added ammonia to my 55 and 10 last night and ended up with a 7.5 ppm in the 10 gal. and a 6 ppm in the 55 gal. From what I've read you want to shoot for about 5 ppm and maintain this until you see nitrites then cut the dose in half. Should I do PWC on each tank to bring them down closer to 5 ppm or will it be fine at the current levels?