Bushynose pleco and food

Chase1

Reaction score
So I've decided to add a bushynose pleco to my 45 gallon. I've got 8 cherry barbs, 6 corys, 12 neons and a gourami. Tank is planted and cycled. My tank walls tend to build algae every week even though I run the green killing machine.

I'm wondering what food to get for him. I did read they like repashy food blocks, but I'm clueless about how much to give him. I could dump it in when I feed the corys more food in the evening.

Anybody have experience with them?

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mine BN will eat any kind of discs you put in there. She also likes Vegetables like zucchini, bell pepper, no salt green beans, spinach etc. She likes the veggies way more than the discs. I have never tried Repashy.

I only feed veggies 2 times a week.

Noroomforshoe

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My BN scores the gravel for small bits of food that land during feeding. She loves all sinking wafers that I have offered. I currently have cobalt algae sinking wafers that are a large size and slow to dissolve so everybody gets some. A slice of cucumber speared on a spoon never sits around for long. I try to give a veggitable or a waffer once a week on saterday, then clean the tank sunday. never tried repashy either.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom