Bushy hornwort for baby shrimp

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Probably not the young but an adult may get away with it, I'd look at something the size of you fist

wishuponafish

Well Known
Neons love eating RCS babies and they'll eat a lot of them even if your whole tank was filled with hornwort. You can keep adults in there but if you want your shrimp to breed, don't keep them with fish.

OP
iLiKDWARFPLATIES

iLiKDWARFPLATIES

how long will it take the java moss to grow from half a golf ball to big enough for baby shrimp to hide

Will some(just a bit) survive like 1 out of every 4?

Or just feed the neons pretty heavily so that theyre not hungry for rcs babies or adults

And my KH is 17-18ish will they survive in that? With a ph of like 8.6

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
I notice that my baby shrimp like to stick around the yarn spawn mops as do the berried females. Also, my least rasboras and threadfin rainbows don’t seem to go for the babies unless they are swimming freely in the water column. My colony still grows despite having nano fish with them. The juvenile betta needs to go to the sorority soon, she’s really hunting them down.

Of course the more plants the better, some will get eaten but some should survive in a well planted tank.

OP
iLiKDWARFPLATIES

iLiKDWARFPLATIES

Also, Im going to keep a shrimp breeding tank, in case the babies get eaten, will chili rasbora work well, but they like soft acidic water so im not sure.

wishuponafish

Well Known
iLiKDWARFPLATIES said:
Also, Im going to keep a shrimp breeding tank, in case the babies get eaten, will chili rasbora work well, but they like soft acidic water so im not sure.
Chili rasboras can still eat some babies but way less than neons.

New Threads